Condoms are a great way to protect yourself during sex. They’re the only method that can prevent STIs (sexually transmitted infections) and pregnancy at the same time.
Many people can have sex with condoms as part of their routine, but some people have trouble with them. Some say that condoms can be awkward and break the mood between foreplay and intercourse. Others have trouble staying erect (hard) with a condom, or they don’t get much sensation when wearing one. Luckily, it’s usually easy to fix these problems, so you can have great sex that’s safe and fun.
How to keep condoms sexy
Some people don’t want to interrupt sex to put on a condom. They might be worried that condoms will break the mood, but that doesn’t have to happen. Putting on a condom can be natural and sexy, while keeping you and your partners safe. Try these tips:
- Keep condoms near where you usually have sex. If you have them nearby, you can use them without leaving your partner. If you’re going to have sex somewhere different, you can bring condoms before you start so they’re always handy.
- Practice using condoms – a lot! If you feel awkward putting on a condom, it might be because you’re not used to doing it. Taking time to practice opening condoms and putting them on can make the process smoother and sexier.
- Pick a condom size that fits. Condoms do come in different sizes, and they can be harder to put on or keep on if they’re too small or too large. If you or your partners are having difficulty fitting condoms on smoothly, then it might be good to try a different size.
- Take the time to make it sexy. If you build up the anticipation for sex as you put on the condom, it can actually make the whole experience more fun and exciting!
- Talk to your partners. If you’re still having trouble, you can talk to your partners and figure out how you can make condoms work for you. If you’re both communicating your feelings, it can be easier to find out the best way to make condoms feel natural and sexy.
How to keep up an erection with a condom
Some people can lose an erection when putting on a condom, but it doesn’t mean that they’re any less interested or excited.
Many people lose erections when there’s no sexy stimulation. One way to keep it going is to touch your partner while putting it on, like kissing or stroking each other. You can also ask your partner to put it on your penis for you. You can get creative with this – check out one of the links below for a guide to putting it on with your mouth!
The condom could also be dulling sensation. You can try putting different types of lube on the inside of the condom to make it feel better. You can also experiment with different kinds of condoms to see how they feel.
Sometimes, people lose their erection because they’re worried about something. Some people worry it will break, especially if it’s the only form of birth control they’re using. It can also trigger worries around sex: whether they’ll stay erect, perform well, do something they’ll regret or find embarrassing, etc. One of the best ways to help with worries is to talk about them with your partners.
How to make sex feel great with a condom
One of the most common reasons that people choose to have unprotected (condomless) sex is because they think it will feel much better. While barriers like condoms often decrease the sensation during sex, there are ways to minimize this.
Different types of condoms can provide different sensations to you and your partner(s). If you don’t enjoy the feel of regular condoms, you can try thin condoms, ribbed condoms, or other special varieties. These can add sensations that aren’t possible from condomless sex.
Another way to make condoms feel better is to use some lube on the inside. This causes the condom to smoothly massage the penis, which some find very pleasurable. You only need a few drops of lube to do this. If you use too much lube on the inside, the condom can slip off.
If you want to know more about condoms and how to use them best, check out the links below.